Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Sunbasilgarden's New Executive Assistant

So we are in the final days of summer break! I don't know about you fellow mommas, but I'm almost ready to return to structure:  homework, field trips, lunch money, where are my socks, "Oh I forgot to tell you Mom, that book report is due tomorrow", "Mom, where is my backpack?, PTA and the like.  Well after I spell it out, maybe lazy days of summer are just fine.




Anyways, my dear 9 year old son, has been asking me every morning if he can reorganize my studio space. I mean, every day! My head barely makes it off the pillow. So I finally surrendered last night, and I now have an official new Executive Assistant at Sunbasilgarden Soap. He did all of this himself, his idea and even moved almost every piece. Check it out! I woke up renewed and ready to start the busy wholesale and holiday season ahead. Thanks so much Jack. He is available to lend out. jk. One of the many gifts you receive when you have children, all of the little moments like this.

6 comments:

.....Elizabeth..... Polka Dot Skies said...

He is such a cutie and a really good organizer! Perhaps we should set him up with Little Polka Dot one day... she loves to organize too! :)
I'm not ready for summer to end. The older my children get, the more I realize they are truly themselves during the summertime. I'm going to miss them when school starts. (This is easy for me to say right now because my son is at a friend's house and there is no fussing upstairs!)
xo Elizabeth

Sunbasilgarden said...

We might have a little organizing match Polka Dot.

That is a really good point about them being truly themselves on summer vacation. I had never thought about it that way.

Enjoy your freedom during your play date. And here's to a great new school year ahead. Funny how we are excited to start and at the end can't wait for summer to begin again. Thanks PolkaDot xo

Paper And Ponder said...

Thanks for sharing your "Executive Assistant's" accomplishments. : ) Looks like your son did a great job! Your story reminded me of last fall when our daughter decided to make cards of her own to sell alongside mine at an "open house" event!

Sigh, I'm sitting here feeling heart pangs & stomach butterflies as it is the first day of school here, & I'm wondering what our 2nd grader is doing in her new class right now. On the one hand, I was looking forward to reclaiming some quiet, focused time to work, but on the other hand, it seems TOO quiet today. It's also hard to transition from relaxing summer mornings to "hurry up, you need to get ready for school!"

Hope you & your family enjoy the rest of your summer, Lauren!

Hopewell Creek Designs said...

Great job!! My son years ago would work with me when I sold folk art for a local company and it was sold in homes like pampered chef does today. He helped me set and tear down and take orders. I paid him for every show he helped me with.
He is now the owner of a construction co which employees 12 people including me! This is how enterpreneur's are born!

Sunbasilgarden said...

Plumeria : They sure are cute the kiddies. It's so sweet when they want to help. Ahh, I know that feeling well...especially when they were new to school. Enjoy some peace and quiet and before you blink, she will be home. It is hard though to say goodbye. Have a wonderful school year ahead. Wow you guys start early! Must be down South?

Ewenique said...

I enjoyed reading your post! He did a great job and had fun organizing. You got to experience the pleasure of seeing your son take the initiative to be helpful.